Appeals in discipline cases
Constitution of Bahamas
Appeals in discipline cases.
115.- (1) Subject to the provisions of this Article, an appeal shall lie to the Public Service Board of Appeal at the instance of the officer in respect of whom the decision is made from any decision of the Governor-General, acting in accordance with the advice of the Public Service Commission, that any public officer shall be removed from office or that ny penalty should be imposed on him by way of disciplinary control.
(2) Upon an appeal under paragraph 81) of this Article the Board may affirm or set aside the decision appealed from or may make any other decision which the authority or person from whom the appeal lies could have made.
(3) Every decision of the Board shall require the concurrence of a majority of all its members.
(4) Subject to the provisions of paragraph (3) of this Article, the Board may be regulations make provision for-
a) the procedure of the Board ;
b) the procedure in appeals under this Article ;
c) exceeding from the provisions of paragraph (1) of this Article decisions in respect of public officers holding offices whose emoluments do not exceed such sum as may be prescribed or such decisions to exercise disciplinary control, other than decisions to remove from office, as may be prescribed.
(5) Regulations made under this Article may, with the consent of the Prime Minister, confer powers or impose duties on any public officer or any authority of the Government of The Bahamas for the purpose of the exercise of the functions of the Board.
(6) The Board may, subject to the provisions of this Article and to its rules of procedure, act notwithstanding any vacancy in its membership or the absence of any member.
Constitution of Bahamas
Chapter I - The Constitution
1. The State
Chapter II - Citizenship
Chapter III - Protection Of Fundamental Rights And Freedoms Of The Individual
Chapter IV - The Governor-general
36. Public Seal
Chapter V - Parliament
Part 1 - Composition of Parliament
Part 2 - The Senate
Part 3 - House of Assembly
Part 4 - Powers and Procedure of Parliament
63. Assent to Bills
Part 5 - Summoning Prorogation and Dissolution
Part 6 - Delimitation of Constituencies
Chapter VI - The Executive
72. The Cabinet
Chapter VII - The Judicature
Part 1 - The Supreme Court
95. Acting Justices
Part 2 - Court of Appeal
Part 3 - Appeals to Court of Appeal and Her Majesty in Council
Chapter VIII - The Public Service
Part 1 - The Public Service Commission
Part 2 - Appointments etc. of Public Officers
Part 3 - The Public Service Board of Appeal
Part 4 - The Judicial and Legal Service Commission
Part 5 - The Police Service Commission
Part 6 - Pensions
Part 7 - Miscellaneous
127. Public Service
Chapter IX - Finance
128. Consolidated Fund
133. Contingencies Fund
134. Public Debt
Chapter X - Interpretation
Constitution Public Service 2022
South Africa has a plan to make its public service professional. It's time to act on it The Conversation
Oath Keepers from Indiana: Here's what they said when they joined IndyStar
Letters to the editor Sept. 26 | Daily Inter Lake Daily Inter Lake
8 proposed amendments to the Louisiana Constitution: What you need to know KSLA