Election And Boundaries Commission
| The constitution and laws of Belize
88.- (1) There shall be an Elections and Boundaries Commission.
(2) The members of the Commission shall be a Chairman and four other persons appointed by the Governor General.
(3) No person shall be qualified to be appointed as a member of the Commission if he is a member of the National Assembly, or if he holds or is acting in any public office.
(4) If any member of the Commission dies or resigns or if the governor General is satisfied that any such member has become incapable of discharging his functions as such the Governor General shall, subject to the provisions of this section, appoint another person in his place.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this section the office of a member of the Commission shall become vacant -
a. at the expiration of five years from the date of his appointment; or
b. if any circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the Commission, would cause him to be disqualified for appointment as such:
Provided that in the event of the absence of the Chairman or any member of the Commission from Belize or his inability to act as Chairman or member of the Commission as the case may be the Governor General may appoint another person to act in his place.
(6) A member of the Commission may be removed from office by the Governor General if the Governor General is satisfied of the member's inability to discharge the functions thereof (whether arising form infirmity of mind or body or any other cause) or for misconduct in the performance of those functions.
(7) The Commission may regulate its own procedure and, with the approval of the Governor General, confer powers or impose duties on any public officer or authority of the Government for the purpose of the discharge of its functions.
(8) The Commission shall be responsible for the direction and supervision of the registration of voters and the conduct of elections, and all matters connected therewith.
(9) In the exercise of its functions under this Constitution the Commission shall not be subject to the direction or control of any other person or authority and shall, consistently therewith, act in accordance with the Representation of the People Ordinance 1978.
Constitution of Belize
Chapter I - The State And The Constitution
1. The State
Chapter II - Protection Of Fundamental Rights And Freedoms
Chapter III - Citizenship
Chapter IV - The Governor-general
Chapter V - The Executive
37. Prime Minister
42. Attorney General
45. Deputy Minister
Chapter VI - The Legislature
The House Of Representatives
Powers And Procedure
Chapter VII - The Judiciary
Chapter VIII - The Public Service
109. Auditor General
Chapter IX - Finance
117. Contingencies Fund
119. Public Debt
Chapter X - Miscellaneous
121. Code of conduct
122. National Symbols
125. Removal from office
130. National Seal
Constitution Boundaries Commission 2022
Azimio MPs want boundary review halted, claim IEBC secretariat dysfunctional Capital FM Kenya
Put your house in order, Supreme Court directs IEBC The Standard
Supreme Court May Adopt Extreme MAGA Election Theory That Threatens Democracy Center For American Progress
Electoral Commission to review new electoral boundaries after voter education campaign Seychelles News Agency