Supreme Congress Of The People- Constitution of Guyana
The Supreme Congress Of The People
83. The Supreme Congress of the People may discuss any matter of public interest and may make recommendations thereon to the National Assembly of the Government. In particular, the Congress shall advise the President on all matters which he may refer to it, and for this purpose article 67 shall apply in relation to the Congress as it applies in relations to the National Assembly.
84. (1) Each session of the Supreme Congress of the People shall be held at such place within Guyana and shall begin at such time as the President shall appoint by proclamation.
(2) Subject to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the sittings of the Congresses shall be held at such time and place as the Congress may, by its rules of procedure or otherwise, determine.
85. (1) The President may at any time by proclamation summon, prorogue or dissolved on the occurrence of a dissolution of Parliament.
(2) The Supreme Congress of the People, unless sooner dissolved, shall stand dissolved on the occurrence of a dissolution of Parliament.
86. The Chairman of the Supreme Congress of the People shall be the person who is entitled for the time being to discharge the functions of the office of Speaker of the National Assembly. If there is no such person, the Congress shall elect its own Chairman.
87. The Clerk, the Deputy Clerk and officers of the National Assembly shall also be the Clerk, the Deputy Clerk and officers respectively of the Supreme Congress of the People.
88. All other matters concerning the Supreme Congress of the People (including the procedure thereof) shall be regulated by the provisions of articles 173 to 176 (inclusive).
Basic Law of Guyana
|The State And The Constitution|
|Priniples And Bases Of The Political, Economic And Social System|
|Fundamental Rights and Freedoms of the Individual|
|Supreme Organs of Democratic Power|
|Composition Of Parliament|
|Powers and Procedure of Parliament|
|Local Democratic Organs|
|The National Congress of Local Democratic Organs|
|The Supreme Congress of the People|
|The Supreme Court of the Judicature|
|Judges of the Supreme Court of Judicature|
| The Service of Commissions
|| Protection of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms of the Individual
|| The Supreme Congress Of The People
|| The President
|| Minister, Etc.
|| The Ombudsman
|| The Service Commissions
|| The Judicial Service Commission
|| The Police Service Commission
Constitution Guyana Supreme Congress Of The People 2022
POLITICO Playbook: Why same-sex marriage is on the cusp of passing the Senate- POLITICO POLITICO
GFF statutes review a power grab pretending to reform – Figueira Stabroek News
Opinion: Democrats are missing a big opportunity CNN
‘A mockery of democracy’: US supreme court in question after abortion ruling The Guardian